Get Notified When The Price of This Item Drops!
Sign up for ZingSale, and we'll automatically notify you when this — or any other product you want to buy — goes on sale! It's an easy way to save money shopping online!
Kumihimo Starter Kit: KumiLoom Disk/Bobbins/Booklet/Cord
Kumihimo is a Japanese word for a braided cord. A centuries-old art form, now you can do it with the KumiLoom, a modern, easy... Read more
Loading Amazon Price History Chart
Kumihimo is a Japanese word for a braided cord. A centuries-old art form, now you can do it with the KumiLoom, a modern, easy-to-use braiding disk.
This kit contains the KumiLoom personal Kumihimo braiding disk; 8 fantastic EZ-Bob cord-handling bobbins, making the work much easier and faster; a set of small practice cords; and a 12 page booklet of instructions for the round braid!
In the early 8th century, when the Buddhist religion spread in Japan, people began to use decorative braids in ceremonies. The making of these beautiful, usually silk, braids became an art, and later, people used colorful braids to decorate their clothing, hang ritual banners, lace samurai armor together, tie robes, and decorate weapons. Braids can be found in many cultures, but the Japanese developed the highest order of braiding techniques and complexity.
Today, you can create beautiful braided cords in the Kumihimo style with the KumiLoom, the modern braiding disc. The notches provide the correct tension, so you don't need hanging weights. The cord winds up into the individual flexible bobbins, so you keep a compact workspace, but easily and quickly feed cord as you braid. There are 8 bobbins in this kit.
So many uses! Your braids can be used to hang jewelry, for coiling on gourds or baskets, or as a purse handle. Braided cords are also used for eyeglass cord, cell phone loops, lanyards, light pulls or curtain ties, clothing, key chains, leashes, zipper pulls, binding, decoration, costumes...there's no end to uses for intricate braided cords.
- Complete kit to get started
- KumiLoom professional Kumihimo disk (with quickstart instructions on back)
- 12 page basic instruction booklet
- 8 flexible plastic bobbins to hold cord
- Starter set of cord (4 short lengths, double over in middle to make 8 strands)
- A Complete Guide To Kumihimo On A Braiding Loom: Round, Flat, Square, Hollow, And Beaded Braids And Necklaces
- Kumihimo Braiding Plate
- Kumihimo Findings: Integral End Caps/Magnetic Clasp Complete (package of 7 sets) with instructions
- No Tangle Flexible Plastic Thread Bobbins For Kumihimo Or Macrame 2 1/2 Inch (8 Pack)
- Japanese Braiding: The Art of Kumihimo